Monday, December 26, 2016

Decisions may be life-changing

Note to self: next time you wake up with something on your mind that you need to write down - do it before you read the news. Your perspective will be changed before you get a chance to write what was on your mind! Oh, well, anyway, I woke up with decisions on my mind and one decision in particular that I made 52 years ago. It was a day or two before Christmas and I was having a serious discussion with my then-current sweetie (as opposed to my then-ex sweetie, which is a long story) and the discussion threatened to take a monumental turn. He was weary from health issues with his dad, educational issues with current post-graduate studies, and romance issues with this young lady who could not seem to make up her mind just which direction she wanted to go. He finally declared that he was just giving up on (me) because nothing was working out! Well, that put the "fear of God" in me and I practically begged him to reconsider us and give me another chance to figure life out. He did, and I did, and the rest is history! So Christmas 52 years ago I received an earthly gift that is still giving and though it is not quite as important as the Gift God gave us so long ago, it sure ranks right up there with things to be thankful for. This Christmas Day 2016 I thank God once again for sending His Son to make a way for me to know God and have my sins forgiven. Then, secondly, I thank Him for sending me my life-long sweetheart and best earthly friend. Truly, I need no other gifts because I have all I need! Of course, if you have already purchased something, well...but Merry Christmas to all my friends and family. Looking forward to worshiping Him today on His birthday celebration day - hope you are, too

No comments:

Post a Comment