Tuesday, December 21, 2021

He Came to Where I Am

 I heard a wonderful song this week that really stuck with me and has replayed one line over and over in my mind.  It speaks of how on Christmas Jesus came down to where we live and became like us so that He could share His love and understanding, guiding the way to a personal relationship with God the Father.  I wanted to find the song on YouTube so that I could share it with my thoughts, but, not remembering the title, I have struck out for awhile in that endeavor.  What I wanted to share was how in the past few months (lots of health problems for my sweet husband) I have felt Jesus meeting me at every turn.  I was so needy and He was there, every time I asked!  As I was thanking Him, it occurred to me that ever since I first asked Him into my heart He has been there - in joys, in sorrows, in want, in abundance, in sickness and in health - so why do I seem to have to re-learn trust on a daily basis?  Why do I fall apart in hard times and just lean so heavily on Him as He puts me back together again?  You'd think after 66 years of walking with Him, I'd finally begin to relax, but I don't.  For me, the only answer seems to be that in daily giving myself totally back to Him, I am reminded of how wonderful He is and how much I need to remember that others need to know about Him.  There are still so many lost and wandering, looking for a way out but having no clue where to turn.  Or there are those who know where to turn but are afraid or skeptical.  Maybe I will never, in this life, be able to relax because if I do, I will lose the urgency to be better, love better, witness better...I do know that this Christmas I am celebrating the good news that Jesus came to us to show us the way to go to Him.  And that He is as close as we ask and need, every time we ask or cry out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment