Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Making things right

Today I am staying at home so that I can re-align my system and my glucose activity. The weekends are always rough when it comes to eating right and keeping to a schedule, especially Sunday mornings when I eat breakfast so early and don't get to lunch until at least 6 hours later! That is not a good thing. I have to remember to bring a snack for about 9 a.m. (just as Sunday School starts), and this weekend I forgot that. Then Monday turned into a long day and I was not able to eat at the proper times. I tried to remedy that on Monday evening but I wasn't entirely successful, I guess. Overnight, my sugar got weird and I spent many sleepless hours. The familiar symptoms were all there and I should have turned on the light and tested but since I had no plan in place for immediate action, I just waited it out. Today my idea is to research possible solutions to low and high sugar scenarios and set up a plan to be ready for such things again. I have spent many hours studying this disease I have and memorizing things I need to know. Thus, life has been easier this past couple of months. Unfortunately, I failed to learn about how to control middle -of -the -night episodes. That is my goal for today.

The move for Wildcat is mostly accomplished. Just some housekeeping issues left and a few things to find a place for. We like our new location and our new design. The guys did a really good job, as did Lisa and Stacy. We are trying to make sure that the city knows where we are. Everyone is busy doing their job - my job is to continue praying and presenting these needs to God and trusting His provision. My list is quite long this week, but we have a faithful and worthy God and He has told us to bring our needs to Him. And so, that is what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment