Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Good Birthday

Well, today I turned 67 and it was a good day, though a quiet one. A friend crocheted a doily for my desk or table, Scott called and also sent a card, and I got to see the Gaither Homecoming video on the old hymns that I love and miss so much. Possibly the best part of the day occurred in the evening when Dan made me a wonderful beef pot roast dinner (only about 20 carbs) and a marvelous strawberry shortcake (about 45 carbs!) Fortunately we could not afford whipped cream or it might have been even more sugary. I was asked if it was worth it and I think at the moment it was, but we shall see how the night plays out and you can ask me again in the morning if it was worth it. I would like to live to see another birthday and I would like to do it with both feet intact so let's hope I didn't overdo too much! It really was so very good and it is only once a year.

Then I went to my computer to write something for this blog site and found an e-card from my husband. And that message from him has to take first place for the events of this day! I never really feel worthy of the great love he has shown me all these years. He could have given up on me many years ago, but he did not and actually still loves and treasures me! Go figure! So, today I thank God for my Saviour, my husband, my kids, my grandkids, my great-grandkids, my friends, and beef pot roast with strawberry shortcake - in that order!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that sounds like about the right order, mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Grandma! <3

    Sorry I didn't call...you know how my memory is theses days.

    ReplyDelete