Monday, May 4, 2009

A Good Report

Well, this morning I had my regular doctor's appointment to discuss my latest lab and my glucose counts. I always go into these meetings with trepidation because I have been focusing on the high counts for the past 3 months, instead of the good counts. So, today I was especting the worst. Guess what?! My average A1C for this past three months has gone down from 6.2 to 5.9! The doctor was impressed, and I was surprised! She said all my numbers look great (awesome, was her word) and she is cutting out one medicine entirely and halving the dose in another. That will save me money and perhaps it will help me feel better in some other ways, also. The lab tests included thyroid this time, and liver, as well as the usual kidney checks and glucose checks. It was a good morning for us and I have remembered to thank God for His care and help. I actually weighed 2 lbs more today than the last test, and for me that is more good news. Hopefully, I can keep it up and beat this whole thing, eventually.

On another note, we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my youngest grandchild this past week when Scott and Katy brought Zac to visit. The weather did not cooperate as much as we would have liked, but the most important part of the week was getting to know each other better and enjoying the love that we have for each other as family. Long talks and remembering past fun are the things I like best and there was not enough of that, but we have hope that the future will bring more visits and more time to enjoy each other. God is very good to us and I really am thankful for all He has done.

Off to walk the treadmill! As I do, I pray for all of you and remember all your needs and also all your blessings.

5 comments:

  1. All great news. Hopefully with the med change it will mean you can finally be warm. Whouldn't that be a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I am hoping, too. The real problem began with the second blood pressure med and now that is gone. It may take awhile, though.

    Marj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, just now had a chance to check the blog and saw this. Good stuff! Keep it up and maybe it can all be managed by diet and exercise, which means you're not falling apart at all! :) We love you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I kind of wondered where you were all week but if you waited for comments from me on your marvelous blog, you might think I never checked on you! Have a good weekend. Are you going to Valentino's?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentino's. Hmmmm. That might be a good birthday option next weekend, or possibly even a Mother's Day option this weekend. Good suggestion, mom!

    ReplyDelete