Friday, April 24, 2009

On a positive note....

I guess when you are writing to release frustrations or to vent about life in general, it serves you right when things go well for awhile, leaving you with no inspiration (or need) to write! Lately, God has been answering prayer and reminding me how much He cares for me. This last week I spent many hours in prayer for several of my loved ones who were on a long and difficult road trip. You would think I would be able to rest in God's demonstrated protection of them and maybe relax, or at least sleep at night! Not so, this time. And do you all know what stress does to glucose levels? It was not a pretty thing....leading to some depression and down time. That has passed and things are back to normal, I think. I had a good session with my diabetes educator this morning, and came away quite encouraged. My weight refuses to grow, but everything else looks okay. I have my next A1C count next Friday, so we will see if I am doing as well as we all think. Now, if only this Winter (Spring?) weather would settle down for more than a day or two at a time and give me the sunny days I so desperately need - well, then I think I would have to change my blog to reflect God's marvelous care of me and mine. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I can't beleave it snowed AGAIN! Other than coming home to that, I am very glad to be coming home to my own bed and hopefully a normal schedule. See you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mom, this does seem to be how things work out for me as well. Just when I think I have an avenue toward something figured out, everything changes, and typically because I finally settled in and let God have it. :)

    ReplyDelete