Saturday, September 19, 2009

God is good!

Today is a beautiful day in Custer - not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, not too dry. And I've been out to coffee twice this week (it doesn't take much to make me happy). I got to hear from Josetta this past week and my husband finally got a newer tire for the Explorer and all four tires are balanced and whatever else you do to make the car run smoother. The monthly bills all look to be paid in a timely manner, and Jennifer has set a wedding date for October 10 (I pray "the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise"). I also got a new phone so that now I can talk more than a few minutes before the battery runs down. Now, if only my curly perm I got last week was really curly, I think I might be totally happy, but it is pretty close to 100% today! So, I think it is a good time to testify to God's provision for me and mine. Not everyone has all they seem to need, and not everyone feels really healthy today. Still, we can thank Him for all that He has done and is doing to make us more like Him and to be a beacon for Him in this world. We still have a few really important prayer requests out for family members and friends, but we have the assurance that He hears and answers according to His perfect will if that is what we really desire, and we do! God is good, and today I reaffirm that, loud and clear!

2 comments:

  1. Yup! Them thar tires is bigger and not new but all hold air and have decent tread so should be safer and may make it possible for us to git on over to Omaha or Rapid City from time to time without dependin' so much on Dan and Stacy. Might make life a bit easier for them ones, ya know. We is real excited 'bout Jennifer's and Ashton's upcomin' nuptials. God is so good. . .He's so good to "us." We thank Him for His caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, thanks Pa Kettle.

    ReplyDelete