Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I was only 28, then. Where has the time gone?

Just a short while ago, this day, my only daughter officially became 39 years old. She is not too keen on noting birthdays, but her mother is! It was a very happy day for me when God blessed me with a little girl to dress in pink and I have never regretted that day. Her birth was the easiest and quickest of the three, and she was a model baby who slept long hours. Until the time that it became clear that she was allergic to her formula, and also to milk, she brought only delight to us. The pictures from those few months of allergic reactions show many tears on her cute little face. And when she was just a little over three years old it also became evident that she was born with a congenital problem that would make her life difficult for the next 12 to 15 years, at least. God became her fortress and song early in life and I have always been proud of her triumphs and her caring, loving nature. She is a real joy to me, though I don't tell her that often enough. I could wish for her today that her life was a little easier, but I entrust her to God and His loving provision. He has a plan for us all and we don't want to get in the way but you know what they say about a mother's heart....So, Lisa Jo, I'll tell the world today that I love you and thank God for you! I hope your birthday is a happy one, full of peace and hope!

2 comments:

  1. I too am very thankful for Lisa. She has been my best friend for over 13 year and I can't imagine life without her. She has seen me though many tears, as well as much happiness. It was a very blessed day 5 and 1/2 years ago when she became my sister as well. Lisa you are very much loved and I too hope you had a truely wonderful b-day.

    ReplyDelete